Fix windows update cannot currently check for updatesSeptember 22, 2019
Many windows users reported us that they are Facing error “windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running” windows 7,8 on their Display when they try to update their System. Some user also facing the error that you have to first restart the computer so that a previous installation can be completed message on their desktop. This windows error are very frustrating and normal user can’t solve this so, here In this Post, We have shared how you can solve this windows update cannot currently check for updates error.
How to Fix Windows Update cannot check for Updates?
Microsoft provides regular updates for safety and to improves improve Performance of windows operating systems. But not everyone upgrades to this update because of various Problem they are facing. sometimes this error problem is so irritated while using a windows system that needs to solve instantly. When you using your laptop or PC for important office work Purposes and that time this error detect then it will ruin your time.
Currently, we find two errors which may be you will face when you try to update your Windows System.
- Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the Service is not running: This error occurs when some important file is Missing or windows system not working Properly that time this error occurs. To solve this error you have to again install Windows.
- Windows Update cannot Currently check for updates because updates on this computer are controlled: This error occurs because administrator related Permission. If you have not the main administrative of windows that’s why the system policy stopping you to update Operating System this will be fixed by performing one of our solutions.
Solution1: Run the Windows Update Service Troubleshooter
Microsoft Windows operating system has so many users and handles to each of them it’s not Possible So, Windows system has developed own built-in troubleshooter to help their users. You can check windows update service error or any errors.
Follow the Steps,
- Search troubleshoot in the windows search bar and Open it.
- Now try to find the Windows Update button and click on it and Run the troubleshoot
- Windows troubleshoot now trying automatically to detect Problem.
- When another windows Popup then choose to Apply this Fix.
- Now, Restart your computer and try again to install Updates.
Using this Method windows update service not running error solve If this method not working for you then try below the second method. that will sure solve windows update cannot currently check for updates in your device.
Solution2: Restart Windows Update Service
The main work of Windows update service is to check the all latest update by windows and update the system accordingly it. Sometimes cache issue occurs or because of .dll error windows update service not work Properly. So, we now stop windows update manager from running and again start them.
Follow the Steps,
- Type services in windows search bar and Open it.
- Either Press windows+R and open Run Box.
- Type Services.msc in Run box and open it.
- Now, You see Many Windows Services are running in it.
- Find Windows update then Right click and stop Services.
- Now open cmd terminal and Run as administrator.
- Type this Command in cmd
regsvr32 wuapi.dll regsvr32 wuaueng.dll regsvr32 wups.dll regsvr32 wups2.dll regsvr32 wuwebv.dll regsvr32 wucltux.dll
- Click ok, when complete.
Now, Again go into the services and start windows update service. Now, Restart your computer and try to use windows update service. Mostly using this method windows update cannot currently check for updates error will be solved. Still, If this method couldn’t work then read below method.
Solution 3: Reset Windows Update repository
Using the reset of windows repository you can also fix windows update service not running windows 7 64 bit error. You have to just follow the below steps.
- Search CMD in the windows search box.
- Right click on the icon and open it Run as Administrator mode.
- Type the below command and enter.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
- Now, open File explorer c: windows/username.
- Find Software distribution and rename with software Distribution.old.
- Again open Command Prompt as administrator and type
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
- Now, Restart your Windows 7 PC.
We are sure that using this method windows 7 update service not running error will be solved on your computer.
Solution 4: Update Windows RST Drivers
This error could appear as a result of your RST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) driver being outdated, corrupted or missing. Thus, you should update your RST driver manually by going to the official Intel website, and searching for the most recent correct driver. Also, Install Standard Sata Ahci Driver. Please make sure you choose the drivers that are compatible with your version of Windows.
Solution 5: Disable your Antivirus/Firewall System
Sometimes third party security services like antivirus or malware scanner stop the Windows update service. In some cases of windows 7 also stopping get updated by the Firewall system. We recommend you to disable that third-party application and try to update windows after them. We have observed many people using antivirus now a day but you have not needed if you using windows 10 the official windows defender is Powerful enough to secure your device. Many of errors in the system only generate because of third Party safty application and creates a problem like windows update cannot currently check for updates.
After the windows Updating process complete you can again start that application in your computer. The windows 10 have inbuilt windows defender security program that’s working well. You do not need to add additional security applications.
Solution 6: Install the KB3102810 Standalone Update
The standalone update is released for the Microsoft Windows 7 users. If you are using windows 7 then download the KB3102810 standalone update because it’s launched after the Windows 10 release to get the update for windows 7 to windows 10 for old users.
This update is available on windows official Site you can directly download them. use this Standalone update many of my friends have used this method to fix windows update cannot currently check for updates issue.
Follow the below steps.
- Download KB3102810 the update from the official site.
- Now, go into the download folder and Install it.
- After the install Restart your Computer.
- Now, Open windows update Manager and try to Update Device.
This method will surely help for the Windows 7 users. After it you can update windows 7 to windows 10 successfully. After it, you can use Windows 10 on your computer. Sometimes your Nividia Geforce also stopped to Update the drivers and creates try Restarting Geforce experience.
So, Here we suggested how to fix windows update service not running windows 7 64 bit. If you still facing any Problem regarding windows update cannot currently check for updates then comment below our team will try to help soon as much Possible. Share this article with your friends and family.