In order to install Windows 8 on your PC, you need a working Windows 8 product key.
This post includes the latest Windows 8 product keys and activation methods.
What Is Windows 8 Product Key?
Windows 8 product key is a 25-digit code used to activate copies of Windows 8 during installation.
Without a genuine Windows 8 product key, you will not be able to access all the features of Windows 8.
A Windows 8 product key looks like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
How to Find Windows 8 Serial Product Key
If you have a genuine pro activation key but you can’t find it, you can look in the following places:
While you have purchased a copy of Windows 8 on a CD/DVD, the Windows 8 activationt key should be inside the product box
If you have purchased Windows 8 from a Microsoft store or an authorized dealer, you should find it in the email you used at the time of purchase
If you have purchase a computer with preinstalled Windows 8, you should see the Windows key on a sticker somewhere on your PC. In most cases, you will find it at the top of the case.
If you have lost your Windows product key 8, you can easily retrieve it by:
- Contacting Microsoft and providing them with the information they need. They will resend your win 8 product key after confirming your details.
- Contacting your computer’s manufacturer (if you have purchased a computer with preinstalled Windows 8) for the product key. You will need to provider computer’s hardware details
- Using a product key finder software program; however, you must be wary of malware when downloading these programs online. These programs work by searching the Windows Registry to find the key
Free List of Windows 8 Product Keys
All keys on this post are genuine and should update your copy of Windows 8 so that you can access all its features. Just copy one key and use it.
If it doesn’t work (either because someone has already used it or has been flagged), simply come back tomorrow for updated products key for Windows 8.
Windows 8 Ultimate Serial Key (32-Bit)
Windows 8 Ultimate Serial Key (64-Bit)
Product Activation keys for Windows 8.1
Here you can find Windows 8 professional version keys
How to Activate Windows 8 with a Serial Key
To access all the features of Windows 8, it is important to activate the operating system using a Windows 8 product key.
Follow these simple steps to activate the operating system using a Windows 8.1 product key.
- Go to My Computer and open Properties
- Find the option Windows Activate Now and enter the 25-digit character code
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect
Although we guarantee that every win 8.1 product key on this page is verified and should work, it might fail due to corrupt download file or incompatible hardware.
In this case, you can try to activate your copy without a pro product key Windows.
How to Activate Windows 8 without a Product Key
To do this, you will need a Windows activator. But Microsoft does not provide these activators and you are likely to download malware if you opt for one of those options available online.
Luckily, you can create your own Windows 8 activator.
Follow these simple steps to guide you through the process.
- Open this page and copy the text on a text file
- Save the text file as activator.cmd
- If you can’t save the file as .cmd, check to see if you have enabled the following settings on your Windows file browser:
- Open the file explorer menu and click View
- Find File and Folder Options
- Open View
- Under Advanced Settings, find the option that allows you to check and uncheck settings
- Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types to display extensions for all files
- You can now save the text file to .cmd or rename it from .txt to .cmd if you have already saved it
- Now right-click on the .cmd file and select Run as administrator
- After running the file, a window will, briefly, appear and disappear on your screen
- Wait a few moments and restart your PC.
System Requirements for Windows 8
Before installing Windows 8, it is important to confirm if your computer meets the system requirements for the operating system.
The system requirements include:
- Hard disk space of at least 20GB
- DirectX9 compatible graphics card (built or dedicated)
- 2GB RAM
- 1GHz processor
How do I reinstall Windows 8 with product key?
- Insert the Windows 8 CD/DVD and boot your computer from the media
- Choose your preferences i.e time and language and click Install Now
- Enter a genuine Windows 8 serial key. It should be on a sticker on your PC’s case, confirmation emails, or disk cover.
- Accept the License Agreement and click Next
- Choose the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option and then choose the drive you want to delete and press OK to confirm.
- Choose a partition to install Windows 8
- Wait for the operating system to install then restart your PC
Can I get Windows 8 for free?
Here are a few ways to get Windows 8 for free:
- Obtain a preview version of the Windows 8 OS. Go to this page and download an ISO file. Burn the ISO file to a CD/DVD.
- Get a copy of Windows 8 for students. Visit this page to get a copy of Windows 8 if you’re a student. You may have to pay a small price.
- Simply upgrade to Windows 8 using a product key. Use this page if you have previously purchased Windows 8.
Can I still buy Windows 8?
When Microsoft released Windows 8.1 on October 2013, they made it clear to every Windows 8 user to upgrade to the new version within 24 months.
They said they would no longer support Windows 8 by 2016, but customers are still using the old operating system. So, it might be difficult to buy Windows 8 at this particular moment.
How can I activate Windows without Internet?
Yes, it is possible. But you will need a Windows activator like Windows Loader, Microsoft Toolkit, or KMSPico.
Is Windows 10 better than Windows 8?
Although upgrading to Windows 10 has some advantages, it has many bugs. Therefore, if you are ready to take any risks of video issues, driver failures, then you can go for it.
But if you don’t want to encounter these issues, it would be best to stick to what you have.
However, if you have Windows 8, you should consider upgrading to Windows 8.1 as it has an upgraded interface and it’s also easy to upgrade.
You may also like: