Managing data migration across different platforms is simple and effective with the best data migration software. If you’ve never done data migration before, it can be intimidating. Attempting to migrate all of your files and folders, let alone settings and applications, from one computer to another, whether you’re a business or personal user, can be intimidating, especially given the potential of data loss if something goes wrong.
Whether you’re transferring data for security or backup purposes, or updating to the latest version of an operating system, you’ll want to choose the best data migration tool for the job. If you’re planning a new deployment or upgrade and want to migrate your data, keep reading to learn how to find the finest data migration software.
Whether you wish to upgrade your database, move to a new system, recover or backup your data, you’ll need the best data migration software for the job. We considered pricing, ease of use, implementation deadlines, support, and other factors when choosing and reviewing the finest data migrating software in this guide.
Top 10 Best Data Migration Software
1. EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is a powerful data migration tool that lets you move files, programmes, and accounts from one computer to another. The software can be used to transfer old PC files across Windows PCs. All of your apps are pre-installed and ready to use when you start up your new machine when you use the utility.
You won’t need to reload the software because it works well the first time. Features like automated file transfer and free 24/7 transfer guidance come in handy while relocating your data. Furthermore, its integration with Microsoft Office, Adobe Software, Dropbox, and Auto CAD gives you access to a number of additional features.
- Connect the two systems to the same LAN and use the network to transfer your files and apps.
- Transfer all of your data to your computer’s local drives.
- You can create pictures of your data and programs and transfer them from your old PC to your new one instantly.
- Another tool, Data Rescue-Recover, can assist you in transferring all of your information and programs from a dead computer to a new one.
- It’s useful if you need to transfer files from a non-bootable or malfunctioning computer.
- The Pro edition costs $59.95 per year and includes a license for two PCs as well as the option to transfer an infinite number of apps.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP are all supported by the software.
- For $399 per year, they also offer a more advanced Technician Edition.
- This gives you a technical license and allows you to transfer data between several servers. It’s compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and 2003.
Start transferring your files with EaseUS immediately for the best data migration software.
2. Acronis True Image
Acronis True Image is the best data migration programme for securing, cloning, and moving your operating system, data, and files. It may save a variety of data and files, including the operating system, boot information, programmes, photos, and more.
The programme is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS, and it stores your files and data in the cloud for easy access and security. You get built-in anti-malware functions with the full backup software, which removes the need to install and administer other applications.
- It converts your computer’s hard drive to a solid-state drive (SSD).
- You can move data from one HDD to another, from one SSD to another, or between HDDs and SSDs.
- Data transfer from iOS to Android and vice versa is possible.
- The data is being replicated to a new hard drive.
- Cloning and resizing partitions.
- To safeguard your data and files, use end-to-end encryption.
- One of its key features is Active Disk Learning.
- It allows you to make a copy of your system, even if it is currently in use.
- While migrating data, this eliminates the need to stop and restart the system.
There are three pricing options for Acronis True Image:
- $39.99 per year is required.
- $64.99 per year (advanced).
- Premium membership costs $94.99 per year.
Disk cloning, full image to file-level backups, rapid recovery, universal restore, Ransomware protection, and other features are included in all plans.
3. MiniTool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a data migration programme that helps with disc partitioning and operating system transfer from hard drives to SSDs and back. By cloning the disc and partitioning the data, you may effortlessly backup and migrate your data.
You can also backup data and replace hard drives without having to reinstall other apps or operating systems. MiniTool works with all Windows versions, starting with Windows XP and ending with Windows 10. FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, and Ext2/3/4 are all file systems that are compatible.
- Cloning a hard drive.
- It keeps track of drives and partitions.
- Data can be recovered from the desktop, the recycle bin, and a specific folder.
- Disk conversion between MBR and GPT.
- Without losing data, dynamic discs can be converted to basic discs.
- Changing partitions from FAT32 to NTFS.
- Move, create, delete, resize, and format drives, among other things.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard also does data recovery and disc diagnosis in addition to disc cloning.
- Partition Recovery Wizard and Data Recovery are two built-in tools for recovering lost data.
- MiniTool Partition Wizard is available in both free and paid versions, making it ideal for both personal and business use.
- The Pro plan starts at $129 for a single license.
4. Paragon Drive Copy Professional
Paragon Drive Copy Professional is data migration software that lets you copy data or an operating system from one disc to another. It also aids in the organisation of your disc in order to make data migration easier. Among other things, it allows you to create backups, manage partitions, migrate data, and clone your operating system to a USB flash drive.
The programme includes a number of copy operations that make it simple to copy a full hard disc or a partition. You can replicate or restore data from a 512-byte hard disc to a 4K hard disc in only a few minutes. It also helps with migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, as well as from HHD to SSD and vice versa.
- It allows you to migrate your laptop to a new hard drive and clone your hard drive to a larger drive.
- Use partitioning functions like divide and combine partitions to keep your disc clean and organized.
- You can use the tool to redistribute spare space.
- A data hard disc with a varied sector size can be copied or restored.
- In only a few clicks, you can restore any sort of backup image.
It also aids in the opening of an existing backup, the protection of data, and the correction of booting issues if your Operating System fails to boot.
- Each license of Paragon Drive Copy Professional costs $79.95.
- Each license can be used on up to three computers.
5. NovaBACKUP PC
NovaBACKUP PC is a backup and migration application for Windows PCs that lets you back up and migrate CDs, operating systems, and individual files. The tool comes with both local and internet backup storage. It’s perfect for small businesses and IT pros that don’t want to deal with backups but still need to protect their data.
The Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan is one of the most useful tools. It safeguards your computer against data loss and performs automatic data backup and recovery. It also aids you in complying with industry data protection requirements such as HIPAA, FERPA, GLBA, and others.
- You may back up individual files or your entire PC hard drive using a variety of backup options, such as file or image backup.
- You may also back up and move your photographs, videos, and information to local devices or use cloud storage services such as Dropbox.
- The NovaBACKUP PC interface is compatible with screen readers and is user-friendly for the blind and deaf.
- It offers four different types of encryption, including AES 256-bit and Blowfish encryption.
- Encrypting a file at the greatest security level affects backup performance, so having a variety of encryption options is vital.
Fast Disaster Recovery: The Disaster Recovery function allows you to create an image backup of your whole PC, including everything from the operating system to your email settings and preferences.
- NovaBACKUP PC offers three pricing options dependent on the number of computers you have.
- For one Windows PC, the annual fee is $49.95.
- $39.95 per year for a Windows PC.
- $59.95 a year for five Windows PCs
All programs include free upgrades and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
6. DriveImage XML
DriveImage XML is a data migration programme that allows you to image and backup photos, partitions, and logical drives. It is compatible with Windows XP and later versions and provides data cloning, restoration, migration, and backup.
The tool uses Microsoft’s Volume Shadow Services (VSS) to produce images, which facilitates in the creation of safe backups. It allows you to restore photos without restarting your computer, and backup data are saved as XML documents.
- Image files are used to back up logical discs and partitions.
- View and extract files when browsing photographs.
- Make a backup plan that is automated.
- Direct cloning from one drive to another.
- Images can be restored to the same or another drive.
- The software backs up and restores NTFS and FAT 12, 16, 32-formatted discs.
- DriveImage XML is limited to creating and restoring backups in XML files and does not support partitioning drives.
- DriveImage XML is available in two versions: Private Edition and Commercial Edition.
The following are the DriveImage XML Commercial version price plans:
- $100 for a 5-user license of DriveImage XML.
- $150 for a 10-user license of DriveImage XML.
- A 20-user license for DriveImage XML costs $200.
- A 50-user license for DriveImage XML costs $400.
- $500 for a 100-user license of DriveImage XML.
All plans in the Commercial edition include a year of free updates and customer support.
7. DAEMON Tools Pro 8
DAEMON Tools Pro 8 is a virtual drive and disc image emulation and imaging application.
Security technologies such as StarForce, Securom, Safedisc, Protect CD, and others can also be cloned and transferred using the tool. It keeps the media in a specified order so that the game or software can migrate and imitate in the right way.
You may mount a variety of image formats using the data migration software or Explorer, including.mds,.mdf,.ape, and others. You can also harvest images from discs, create both dynamic and fixed virtual hard discs, and securely store essential data.
- Data pictures and audio CDs can be edited or created.
- Transfer, compress, and password-protect your data.
- Restore a USB stick to its original state with this utility.
- With RMPS, you can copy discs, make audio CDs, and burn files.
- Make a raw disc image from the contents of a USB drive.
- Manually change the copying method or mount with a double-click.
- Virtual Burner is a program that simulates the process of burning a disc.
- You can clone up to 32 DT, SCSI, and HD discs with four IDE devices.
There are four subscription levels available for DAEMON Tools Pro 8:
- A month’s plan costs $6.
- $30 for a six-month subscription ($5.00 per month).
- $48 for a 12-month plan ($4.00 each month)
- Plan for the rest of your life: $20.21 (no time limits).
A 14-day free trial period is included with each package.
Clonezilla is a data migration and recovery programme that helps with partition and disc imaging/cloning. It can also help with system deployment and bare metal backup and supports Windows, Linux, and macOS. Clonezilla is available in three different versions: Clonezilla Live, Clonezilla Lite server, and Clonezilla SE.
Clonezilla Live is intended for backup and recovery of individual systems, whilst Clonezilla Lite Server and Clonezilla SE are intended for large-scale deployment. Clonezilla Lite Server and Clonezilla SE both have the ability to clone up to 40 systems at once.
- Only utilized blocks on the hard disc are saved and restored.
- All major file systems are supported, including ext2, f2fs, FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, and others.
- The boot loader and Syslinux can be reinstalled.
- The hard drive partition formats MBR and GPT are also supported.
- Clonezilla encrypts images with encrypts, a cryptographic packed file system.
- Under Linux, it supports LVM2 version 2.
- For a big clone, use multicast.
- It’s a completely free and open-source program.
9. Laplink PCmover
Laplink PCmover is a data migration tool that allows you to migrate all of your files, directories, apps, and even settings to a new computer. Most apps are pre-installed and compatible with the new system, so no licence codes or old CDs are required. It recovers and transfers data without leaving any data behind, even if the target system is of a different version.
- File migration is completed quickly.
- Selectivity of user profiles.
- USB 3.0 is supported.
- feature to undo.
- Free Transfer Assistance is included.
Laplink PCmover is available in a variety of pricing options:
- Download – $59.95 Physical (+Cable)
- Five-pack costs $59.95; a case costs $230.
- $420 for a ten-pack
- $900 for a 25-pack of
A 30-day money-back guarantee is included with each package.
10. Macrium Reflect 7
Macrium Reflect 7 is a data movement software that uses image-based data migration for backup, disc imaging, and cloning. The programme generates an exact clone of a hard drive or partitions, which you can use to recover the original. In the event of a system failure, you may easily recover your files and folders. The data migration software can be used at home or in the office and works with local, network, and USB drives.
The following are some of its important features:
- It comes pre-installed with viBoot 2, which assists in the virtualization of Macrium backup images.
- It has a number of image reduction options.
- The Macrium Reflect Changed Block Tracker (MRCBT) compresses differential or incremental images in less time.
- It monitors changes to an NTFS-formatted volume in real time.
- Macrium Reflect 7 is available in four editions for SQL and Exchange: Home Edition, Workstation, Server, and Server Plus.
- A Macrium reseller or a third-party supplier can provide pricing.
Apart from that, a 30-day trial edition is available.